Bathrooms are one of the most costly rooms to renovate and for that reason, showing a home with an outdated bathroom may turn away buyers who overestimate what it will cost to update the space.
If you’re planning to put your home on the market, here are a few cost-effective updates you can make that will have a huge impact without a major expense.
Cost-Effective Bathroom Updates
- If your vanity is still in good shape but just looks a little outdated, a fresh coat of paint can go a long way. Updating hardware to a more modern style is also important. I like to use hardware with crystal details as it always makes an impact.
- Replace dated light fixtures. The new fixture does not need to be expensive but it should be stylish and have a contemporary feel to it.
- If budget allows, consider updating the faucet to something more modern and eye catching.
- A fresh coat of paint on the walls is a must. For resale purposes, a light, neutral color is your best choice.
- Make sure to style appropriately. Use fresh, white linens, stunning artwork and an orchid to create a simple, modern, spa-like feel to the bathroom and remove all other knick-knacks and personal items.
Canadian Home Trends Magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you’ve always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, and the best places to shop.