Many Canadian homeowners are taking advantage of modern home security systems – having the peace of mind that their home is protected. However, with so many choices on the market, how do families know how to choose the best home security system?
By strategically installing different security cameras throughout a home, homeowners can see a live view of their property via their smartphones. A proper home security setup can send alerts to the homeowner in the event of a break-in. Here are 5 tips to on choosing the right home security system.
5 Tips on Choosing the Right Home Security System
- Choose an all-in-one home security solution that does not include a regular subscription service fee for live monitoring of your home.
- Consider a home security system that has solar-powered cameras which never need their batteries replaced or charged.
- Purchase a home security system that allows homeowners to expand on their setup. Some systems allow for the addition of nanny cams, motion detection sensors, carbon monoxide detectors, and smoke alarms.
- Ensure that your next home security system offers smartphone integration that can send real-time push notifications to your phone in the event of an emergency.
- Find a home security solution that includes cloud-based storage of video footage at no extra cost.
Types of Home Security Systems Available to Canadian Homeowners
The many options for homeowners continue to evolve with new innovations regularly entering the market. Learn more about available offerings and pick the best home security system for your property.
- Outdoor security cameras that include motion detection and floodlights which turn on when movement is detected
- Smart doorbells that include cameras and keypads
- Cameras that allow homeowners to view a live stream of their home along with two-way voice communication
- Discreet nanny cams that are hidden from plain sight
- Sensors that can detect movement from strangers, broken windows, smoke, and carbon monoxide
- Alarm integration for specific entrances to the home
- Night vision camera options that can detect movement from both humans and animals
- Facial recognition software that captures images of anyone entering the property
- Wireless camera options that include high-resolution and wide-angle imagery for large homes
- Pet cameras allowing you to monitor pets and their wellbeing
- Systems with mobile app integration that can notify a homeowner of a visitor to the property
- Solutions that include 24/7 monitoring from live security professionals
Visit the home inspection experts at AmeriSpec of Canada for more tips and valuable home improvement information.
Connect with Bonded by eRenovate™ Pros by using the eRenovate Post My Project tool. Enjoy Peace of Mind with the eRenovate Guarantee which offers $25,000 Deposit Payment protection and 88 Day Workmanship Guarantee.