Renovating? Did you know that you can donate reusable construction material, furniture and appliances? Many local Habitat for Humanity affiliates operate ReStores, which sell reusable and surplus building materials, furniture and appliances to the public. The proceeds fund local Habitat house construction.
There are 3 Ways to Donate Reusable Construction Material:
- Drop off. You can deliver your acceptable items directly to one of the locations
- Pick-up. The ReStore will arrange to pick-up your donation from your house
- Salvage. The ReStore deconstruction team will dismantle and remove the item from your house, for example, remove a window or dismantle a kitchen
Acceptable Items to Donate Include:
- Kitchen – cabinets, sinks, faucets, countertops
- Appliances – fridges, stoves, ovens, cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers
- Bathroom Fixtures & Plumbing Supplies – vanities, sinks, tubs, bidets, faucets
- Furniture & Decor – tables, chairs, bed frames, couches, dressers, glasses, art
- Lighting & Electrical – light fixtures, wire, switches, receptacles, new light bulbs
- Building Materials – new lumber, new plywood, new insulation
- Doors & Windows – entry, interior, fire rated, storm doors, stained glass
- Millwork – railings, mantels, mouldings, cabinet doors
- Flooring – wood, laminate, ceramic, stone, porcelain, new carpeting, rugs
- Hardware & Tools – fasteners, hinges, door handles, cabinet knobs, tools
- Season/Garden – interlock, hose, gardening, winter and lawn equipment
- Fireplace Mantels/Screens – fireplace grates, fireplace inserts
The following conditions must be met to donate reusable construction material:
- All donations in working order
- No damaged or broken items
- Clean, not excessively stained or dirty
- No mold or water damage
Produced by Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc. and RenoLogic.
Baker Street Home Inspection Services Inc. has been in business since 1985, conducting over 50,000 home inspections. RenoLogic offers homeowners impartial, expert advice on their home renovations and repairs.
Connect with Bonded by eRenovate™ Pros by using the eRenovate Post My Project tool. Enjoy Peace of Mind with the eRenovate Guarantee which offers $25,000 Deposit Payment protection and 88 Day Workmanship Guarantee.