Fall is a great time to dust off your heating and cooling maintenance checklist and prepare your home for winter nesting.
Heating – Cooling
- Clean or change furnace filters.
- Lubricate fan and motor bearings.
- Check fan belt tension.
- For steam checks, check shut-off valve for leaks and drain low water cut-off per manufacturer’s instructions
- Keep area clean around heating and cooling equipment.
- Check Fireplace and wood stove flue.
- Have heating and cooling systems serviced annually by a professional HVAC contractor.
If your heating and cooling systems are due for their annual servicing you should check out eRenovate’s Post My Project tool or the eRenovate App. You can easily describe your Fall home repair, maintenance or renovation project needs and connect with Verified by eRenovate™ HVAC contractors.