RENO & DECOR predicts delicate, floral motifs in home décor to trend this spring.
We count on seeing the first tulips in our garden emerge as a sure sign of the arrival of spring. As well, every year around this time, floral motifs seem to sprout in fashion and home décor. For instance, five years ago we covered the oversized, tropical-inspired blooms trend. However, this spring there’s been a shift in the type of floral prints we’re seeing emerge. Instead of large-scale, edgy-looking flowers, we’re seeing small, delicate flowers that look like they took root in the 1980s. But, this is not your grandmother’s tribute to the dated floral theme. Mixed with modern and traditional pieces, the minute petals breathe new life into a space.
Delicate, Floral Motifs in Home Décor Trending
Maria Raco, founder of exclusive designer wallpaper showroom NewWall, talks about the current take on the sought-after springtime trend. “The oversized floral trend had its shining moment a few years ago but the current trend is definitely smaller, very real-looking and bursting with colour,” says Raco. She affirms the popular posies reflect our incessant need to bring the beauty of the outdoors into our interiors. “Flowers represent beauty, and installing a floral wallpaper is the perfect way to achieving this in your home.”
Certainly, seeing the delicate blossoms after a Canadian winter evoke feelings of hope and happiness. Therefore, we can enjoy the floral motifs in our home décor as we anticipate enjoying nature’s beauty first-hand. Above all, the floral motifs keep us in an eternal spring frame of mind.
- Anthropologie Home Floral Stoneware VASE, $68; thebay.com
- Kate Spade New York Protective Hard-shell Floral Galaxy S10 Plus CASE, $54.99; thebay.com
- JÄTTELILJA DUVET COVER AND PILLOWCASES, white, floral-patterned, Full/Queen, $79.99; ikea.ca
- Floral A-Line MAXI DRESS, $24.99; marshalls.com
- KitchenAid 5-qt. Floral CERAMIC BOWL, $119.99; thebay.com
- Vale Floral PLACEMAT, $16.95; crateandbarrel.ca
- Villeroy & Boch Petite Fleur Floral Porcelain SALAD PLATE, $25.59; thebay.com
- Rosetta Verdigris, $395 per roll; newwall.com
- Majorelle Azure, $395 per roll; newwall.com
- Large Floral 34″ SUITCASE from Herschel Supply Co, $259.99; thebay.com
By Silvana Longo | Produced by Reno & Décor
Launched in 1990, RENO & DECOR is Canada’s Home Idea Book, inspiring readers with the latest in tips and trends for their decorating and renovating.
Connect with Bonded by eRenovate™ Pros by using the eRenovate Post My Project tool. Enjoy Peace of Mind with the eRenovate Guarantee which offers $25,000 Deposit Payment protection and 88 Day Workmanship Guarantee.