Consider a Home Steam Shower for Your New Bathroom
Did you know it’s surprisingly easy and affordable to bring home the health and wellness benefits of a steam shower? Installing a home steam shower during a bathroom remodel or when building a new home provides a mini-vacation any time you need one. If you’re not familiar with home steam showers, here’s a quick tutorial.
What is a home steam shower?
A steam shower is a floor-to-ceiling shower enclosure where you can enjoy all the invigorating benefits of steam.
How does a home steam shower work?
A generator, typically no larger than a briefcase and often installed in a vanity or closet, heats the water to a boil. You push a button, delivering the resulting steam from the generator to the steam head outlet and into your shower enclosure. And then you relax and enjoy the luxury of steam.
For more information about steam generators, read Buying a Steam Generator? Look For These 13 Features!
What do you need?
You may be surprised at how little it takes to retrofit your shower to a steam shower.
- A steam-tight shower enclosure made of tile, marble, natural stone or acrylic, fiberglass or another composite.
- A shower enclosure – it can be as small as 3’x3’!
- A ceiling sloped one inch per foot away from the steam bather to prevent condensation.
- A maximum recommended ceiling height of 8’.
- A generator that easily can be placed in a closet, vanity, basement or heated attic.
- A control to activate the steam.
- A water line to the generator, a steam line from the generator to the steam shower enclosure and a drain line.
- Access to an electrical supply, either 220v or 208v.
Who does the installation?
A licensed electrician and plumber.
Where do you start?
Three easy steps:
- Download the free Steam Shower Buying Guide for more information on home steam showers.
- Start planning your home steam room with the fun and easy-to-use Mr. Steam VirtualSpa. It quickly shows you all kinds of options and prices out each of your steam shower choices. See How to Size a Steam Shower Generator? Try Our Virtual Spa System for more information.
- Visit Nortesco, an authorized Mr. Steam dealer, to learn more about home steam showers.
Quality, luxury and style define the collection of decorative plumbing products offered by Nortesco Inc., a leading Canadian importer of high quality European kitchen and bathroom faucets, sinks and accessories.