The hot and humid days and evenings of summer are here. Air Conditioning is great for cooling off, but some may be shocked when they receive their mid-summer energy bills. Here are some tips to keep your house cool without spending a fortune on air conditioning.
Learning how to keep your house cool in the dog days of summer without spending money on air conditioning is important. Want to know how to cool down a room naturally? Or how to keep a room cool without blasting central air? You’re in the right place.
Tips to Keep Your House Cool Without Spending a Fortune on Air Conditioning
Keeping a house cool in extreme heat requires some careful planning. But it can ultimately save a homeowner thousands of dollars year on year. There are many ways that homeowners can deflect the sun’s rays and heat away from their home naturally, without having to turn up the AC.
- Blinds, drapes, and shutters that are closed from early morning to early evening can potentially reduce the heat in a home up to 25 percent.
- Downwind windows that open from the top can also create a pleasant cool draft throughout the home.
- Awnings can also help deflect direct sunlight away from your windows and doors.
- Solar screens can be customized to fit any window size, blocking out uncomfortable heat from the sun.
- Rolling shutters can block the sun’s rays from overheating a home while adding additional privacy and security.
- Oscillating ceiling fans are another great cost-saving solution that won’t break the bank. These can be installed throughout the home or within a particularly warm room. Ceiling fans are generally inexpensive and can be set to rotate counter-clockwise so they push cool air downwards. This makes living spaces much more comfortable during extremely warm weather.
- Double or Triple-glazed windows can significantly improve a home’s energy efficiency while keeping living spaces cool and comfortable throughout exceptionally warm summers.
Visit the home inspection experts at AmeriSpec of Canada for more tips and valuable home improvement information.
Connect with Bonded by eRenovate™ Pros by using the eRenovate Post My Project tool. Enjoy Peace of Mind with the eRenovate Guarantee which offers $25,000 Deposit Payment protection and 88 Day Workmanship Guarantee.